Friday, May 26, 2006

I’ll drink to that

A drink a day is good for your heart if you are an older man, Danish researchers have said, according to a report published in the British Medical Journal
A study of 50,000 men aged 50 to 65 found that daily alcohol reduced their risk of coronary disease by more than 40 per cent. However, the research painted a different picture for women of the same age.
Now if we take this at face value (which I will), then we owe it to our families, our partners, the NHS and ourselves to partake of the medicine freely. Since the treatment of heart disease represents a major cost to the Health service, I would suggest that alcoholic beverages should be available on free prescription. Not only that but for the sake our health, it would clearly be beneficial for the women to take on the driver role on nights out!
Unfortunately there was little room left in my shopping basket for household goods and food, due to the space taken up by medical supplies at Asda today, well we all need to take care of our health.

I’ll drink to that.

Drinks on me

No comments: