Thursday, March 31, 2005

Oh yes Turkey

My good lady dragged me to Turkey last week, as she is thinking of buying a Property there. When I say “dragged”, it did not involve any brutality on her part, as I am always “up” for a holiday.
Anyway, whilst it was less of a holiday than I had hoped, due to meetings, viewings etc. we did find time to sample some of the local delicacies and take in a few sights.
I cannot praise the region too much. The coastline between Fethyie and Olu Deniz is stunning, the people are so friendly, the food is great and the drink cheap (Damn my Yorkshireness keeps surfacing!). Quite an adventure really, although there was an incident with a goat, that I would prefer to forget. We actually braved a swim in the sea, even if the locals thought we were mad. Had a great time (now I just need to find a customer for steel there, to fund the next trip)

No comments: